Tuesday, October 13, 2009

My First Job - Nostalgia - 5 - Learning Unlimited

As I talk about my student life - work life continuum, I must attribute this to all my teachers (here - my heads and leads who constantly contributed by teaching me). I must be more than lucky to have worked under people like Elvyn, Anand, Rupam, Sara, Bala, Subbu, Arun, Bagewadi, Subash and so on..  
During SWAT activity, I still remember Rupam laying out a plan at morning 4:30 am about the activities that had to be carried out the following day, when I was actually thinking about when I would sleep (I was just 3 months in to my job). Those days were all the more exiting, because all of us worked as a team and counter-acting each other's work would always result in the best outcome.


I still remember the day when I just rushed into Elvyn's cabin and sat for more than 3 hours to learn UML - and he was kind enough to teach most of them that was required for me to start with my design work. The days when Anand corrected me for some of my silly mistakes - shared thoughts of better development, the days when Sara and Bala gave moral support during tough times shows the nature of people present there, irrespective of the positions they were in.

No comments:

Post a Comment