Monday, October 12, 2009

My First Job - Nostalgia - 3 - Companion

One person really needs to be mentioned here, who undoubtedly spent the maximum time at office with me and vice-versa - Swathi. She has been my class-mate (even though I came to know her well only at a later part of my Engineering), my project-mate, finally my colleague. For what so ever reasons, or may be just a matter of co-incidence, from the time we joined the company till the time she left, we were part of the same practice, same projects, same cubicle (except for a few months), worked under the same managers,etc. In-fact we even worked on the same computer, for almost a month, and that was the best part of our co-ordination, if one would handle the mouse, the other used to work on the keyboard. I still remember the days, when Subbu (my practice head) used to tell others that, if work is given to both of us, it would be completed at a faster pace than, if it was split between us and given individually.


Later, she went on with her plans of marriage and also changed the job for reasons of her own. However we both cherish the time spent together and the work we did. We did differ in many ways, but the strength was in our arguing, which always resulted in the best outcome.


She would definitely be a part of my memorable journey in my first job. Thanks for being there..!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment