Monday, October 12, 2009

My First Job - Nostalgia - 4 - Fun Unlimited

My mom has been telling, all through these 2 and half years of my career, that she hardly found me like a working person - she still found a student in me. My life was as lively as it used to be during my college days, inspite of the innumerable night outs in my very first project. All thanks to the group of my close friends whom I found in this company.


This is also one of the reasons as to why I am indebted to my first job - it gave me such wonderful peers and friends, who made my days merrier and more memorable with each passing day. I still remember the days when the six of us - Archana (again she was my classmate, but we hardly knew each other until we met here), Sripad, Mahalakshmi, Gayathri, Swathi and myself used to play chit games after lunch - we used to literally shout, as though we were in some playground and there was a serious game going on :)


Believe me the 5th floor where my project team was present and working was the most rocking floor in the entire building, or should I say may be in the whole company. Even at 3 am, it was the hub of activities and there was fun unlimited. Every one including my manager Ashwath, had a gala time even during night outs. The days when Santhosh, Mahesh, Soumya, Sripad, myself all laughed at each other mimicking activities, which even to this day is unforgettable.


Days when Archana used to argue for all the silly reasons available, days when we had lunch outside almost every alternate week( when we felt like bunking the dabbawallas lunch ), the innumerable escapades to the chat shop (where the chat walla would get tired taking our orders), days when we were looking at each others face, just for the reason that we had no better work.. all  added life into my days.

3 comments:

  1. Sigh....!! Time passes on so fast... I clearly remember all those days when we always managed to break the monotony in the office atmosphere. When managers just helplessly stared at us when they could not object against our antics.. I bet everyone were jealous of us for the fun we used to have.. Trendsetters of Keane huh!!!

    And mind you.. I never used to argue for all the silly reasons... There was always a purpose behind those arguments... I loved irritating you... :D and i will never stop doing that..!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dont u remember the day u made me cry..??? When u took out someone else's frustration on poor me :( I for one will never forget it.. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm.. I scolded you.. But.. OK.. Well.. Aaa.. Ok.. fine.. Sorry.. No No.. Its Ok..

    ReplyDelete