Saturday, September 5, 2009

Finally... My First Blog

This is supposedly to be my first blog, if blog is meant to be written only on-line (I learnt it very recently). Else it should be my.... not sure about the number.

As I was thinking, what I should be writing about, in my first blog - these were the things which I decided not to do-

  • To write about myself
  • To write about my profession
  • To write about my goals/ambitions

Finally I decided to write a review about a book - Code Name God, by Mani Bhaumik

This is one book, which I would suggest most people to read, because this takes you along one huge journey from being a intelligent boy in a poor country, striving to become independent, i.e INDIA to becoming a filthy rich person in US, and finally realising that the core of achievement is totally different. The best part is that this guy did not earn his money/respect/power through a some business (which generally happens - management), but through scientific works. During a later stage of his life, when spirituality was at its peak for him, he realised that whatever he had found through scientific findings, were indeed a reflection of what spirituality means. The tag line - “The Spiritual Odyssey of a Man of Science" aptly suites the content of the book.


This book changed my life, is beyond doubt, an exaggeration. However, it is one of those books which gave me clarity on the insights which I had developed due to my experiences in life. Having said all these, I don’t recommend this book, for those people who really don’t have insights.


Well…. That’s it.. My next post would definitely be something relating to me/my environment.

4 comments:

  1. Well Congratulations on your first blog and a nice write-up too. I had thought about picking up the book but then thought about reading the reviews. Now I will surely get it from the book store :)

    Keep posting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the nice comments. Do let me know what you realize after reading the book - :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Shravan. Hoping to see an active blog here. Keep going.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Shravan... Welcum aboard... :) A nice way to start blogging infact
    Omitting those 3 points in your very first blog was a good move, I must say, as most people tend to do that very same thing during their initial days of blogging and end up sounding like narcissistic people..
    Hoping to see a illuminating blog from you.. Keep it going.. :)

    ReplyDelete